Menopause is a part and parcel of every woman’s life. But many women are not prepared to handle it and often feel frustrated with the stage that they are undergoing. This occurs due to aging when there are hormonal changes which regulate the menstrual cycle in a woman’s body. Women go through different stages of menopause namely- peri-menopause, menopause and post-menopausal periods. During peri-menopause period the regular cycle of menstruation is highly disturbed. This period may extend anywhere from 6 months to 1 year. Menopause is defined as end of menstrual cycle. And post-menopause is the stage when they have gone 1 year with menopause. There might be many physiological as well as psychological changes undergoing in women at menopause. This is the stage that indicates that they are in their post middle age.
Some physiological changes that they undergo are elevated level of cholesterol which increases risk of coronary heart disease in women. There is huge loss of Calcium in the body once menopause period starts. Hence the bones become very weak and delicate to injuries. Hence it increases the risk of osteoporosis and bone fractures in women of that age who are on the verge of menopause stage. The body composition also changes along with their body fat. The abdominal fat greatly increases which might in turn increase the risk of getting coronary heart diseases, cardiovascular diseases and diseased heart valves. There are chances of getting urinary diseases along with all of these.
There are a couple of common symptoms about the changes that occur in the woman’s body during menopause period. All the symptoms are generally experienced by numerous women one day or the other, so you don’t have to feel shy and depressed that you are the only one who is undergoing this hell. In some cases it might be cyclic while in most other cases it might be very much irregular, but all in general it causes hormonal imbalances in any woman’s body who is undergoing this kind of change. Some most common changes in body observed are as below :-
- Hot flashes and night sweating are most common symptoms
- Irregular heart beat, which might even take you to heart diseases or heart stroke at extreme cases.
- Mood swing is most commonly observed in any woman who is undergoing hormonal changes.
- Anxiety, feeling ill, fatigue, sneezing, coughing, irregular headaches, bad taste, burning mouth, nausea are also some of the body changes occurred during menopause
- Increase in facial hair and severe hair loss is also found in many women. This might be caused due to the hormonal imbalances in the body during menopause.
- Tinnitus is common hearing disease where you will hear swooshing noise in your ears instead of the real sound. Very few women might undergo this situation
- Some women might even undergo mental disorders, mental disturbances, and difficulty in concentration, memory lapses, mental confusion and much more which might cause severe loss to the woman who is at the menopause stage.