Hair loss is one of the symptoms that women undergo at the stage of their menopause when the periods are stopping. It is a stage when their hormones change and there is also a physiological and biological change in their body. Generally over 50 percent of women going through hormone fluctuations associated with menopause suffer from hair loss. This is caused by dropping of estrogen level in their body. Their hairs become think, grey and start loosing their strength. In spite of all this there are certain measures you can take to reduce this hair loss. Instead of going for those modern day pills and medicines, you can try out the herbal remedies. Here are some ways in which you can reduce and completely eradicate hair loss due to menopause which can be used as very best herbal treatment and natural treatment easily doable from home.
- Your diet certainly matters in improving your health at the time of menopause. Drink plenty of fruit juice and water. Consume plenty of vegetables and fruits like banana, strawberries, papaya etc. Eat lot of fresh green leafy vegetables which are rich in iron content. Eat sprouted grains regularly which are rich in proteins. Eating biotin rich food such as oat, green peas, sunflower seeds etc, can lower the pressure and pain caused due to menopause – thus decreasing hair loss. During menopause stage you will face loss of energy, weight gain and many other common ailments. Your healthy diet should be able to balance this all.
- Regularly massage your scalp with herbal oils, avla oil, almond oil which are rich in vitamins. Also apply oil as soon as you wash and dry your hairs. Dry scalp causes hair fall many a times. Regular massage improves blood circulation to your scalp this increasing the chances of hair growth in the bald areas caused by hair loss.
- You can apply some herbal paste like neem paste or hibiscus paste to your hair before washing your hair. This will act as a very strong nutrition to your falling hair. This is the easiest herbal treatment any one can do at their own home.
- Aloe Vera is considered as the very best medicine for any kind of infection and hair loss. Along with consuming 2 tea spoons of Aloe Vera juice daily, massage your scalp with Aloe Vera juice for about 10-15 minutes and then wash your hair. You can notice remarkable changes in your hair fall.
- Avoid rough handling of hairs, combing wet hairs and also using hair dryers. Menopause is the stage which really causes unbearable irritation, burning sensation and fatigue. Some people also might have symptoms of depression. So, in order to prevent this, start loving your hairs and handle them carefully.
- Pieces of vegetables and fruits can be taken and smashed to make a fine paste. Apply them to your scalp. This will act as a rich protein-vitamin combination which increases your hair growth.
- Mix avla, shikakai, bringaraj, brahmi, henna with warm coconut oil, and keep them in an iron utensil. Blend the paste and apply it to your scalp. Wash your hairs after 1-2 hours. Continue this for at least 3 months and you will certainly notice the changes in your hair fall during menopause stage.
PS: These herbs are better to be used after consulting your doctor or herbalist.